Tour Guide and Cataloguing Clerk
Hours and Wage: $14.00/hour for 32.5 hours/week
Languages: English required, bilingualism an asset
Driver’s License: not required
The Elgin County Railway Museum is recruiting a student for the full-time, summer position of Tour Guide and Cataloguing Clerk. The successful candidate for this position will provide informative guided tours of the museum displays and exhibits including railway maintenance equipment, locomotives, cabooses, and the History in Motion model railway. This position will support the work of the Collection Committee by researching, cataloguing, photographing and entering artifacts into the on-line collection database, as well as digitizing previous collection records. The Tour Guide and Cataloguing Clerk will also be cross-trained to provide back-up support to admissions and the gift shop. They will work as a team with other staff and volunteers to assist with preparation and public programming for special events as needed.
Qualifications & Expectations:
• Student pursing post secondary education preferably in History, Arts, Library or Museum Studies, Communications, Information Management, or Photography
• Research, writing, and customer service experience
• Detail oriented, accurate typing skills, and good penmanship
• Excellent communication, information management and public speaking skills
• Interest and knowledge of railway, local or Canadian history
• Experience using photography equipment an asset
• Proficient using Microsoft office applications, including MS Word and Excel
• Flexibility to changing priorities
• Availability to work weekdays, weekends and holidays
Fulfillment of this position subject to approved grant funding.
Applications, with a cover letter, are due by 5pm, Friday, April 27th 2018, and can be delivered to:
Attn: Hilary Fagan
Elgin County Railway Museum
225 Wellington Street, St. Thomas ON, N5R 2S6.
Applications can also be submitted by the deadline via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.