||Discovery North Bay Museum is hiring a Retail Assistant who will work regularly in the museum gift and hobby shop and assist in planning special events during the summer of 2018.
This position will run for approximately 11 weeks for 30 hours a week at $14.00 an hour.
Description of Duties:
• Provide customer service by performing reception, cashier, and retail duties in museum gift shop
• Perform maintenance work when required
• Help plan and set up museum retail booths for special events including weekly Farmer’s Markets, Canada Day and North Bay’s Summer in the Park festival
• Help support the museum’s online sales by assisting with shipping objects
• Promote museum programs and memberships
Desired Skills & Qualifications
• Experience in a retail setting
• Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and manage daily assigned work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
• Design and/or marketing experience an asset
• Experience in a hobby shop or museum gift shop is an asset
In order to be eligible for this position, applicants must meet Canada Summer Jobs funding eligibility which states that eligible candidates:
• are between 15 and 30 years of age;
• have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
• are Canadian citizens or permanent residents or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible); and
• are legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Discovery North Bay Museum welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*This position is available subject to the availability of funding from Canada Summer Jobs.