- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medals
Museums Foundation of Canada
CMA established the Museums Foundation of Canada in 1994 as a registered charity empowered to receive donations or bequests for the purposes of supporting eligible projects dedicated to advancing museums in Canada through direct support to individual museums, or through awards, education, research and other programs.
Museums, galleries, and related institutions can also use the Foundation, for instance if they need to segregate certain donations from their operations. Some of the larger museums, such as the National Gallery of Canada, and the Royal Ontario Museum, to name just two, have established their own foundations for this purpose. For museums that do not have such mechanisms or are unable to establish them, the Museums Foundation of Canada can play this role.
Consider making a gift or a bequest to the Museums Foundation of Canada.
A gift to the Foundation allows you to make a significant contribution to the future of museums; you will be issued a tax receipt.
613-567-0099, ext. 229