- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medals
Canadian Museums Day: Being Seen and Heard on the Hill
JOIN US FOR THE 2013 EDITION
While a substantial part of the work we do as museum professionals involves engaging with local audiences to increase support for our institutions, there's another important group of stakeholders in our nation's capital with whom we must interact on a regular basis: These are federal decision-makers, such as members of parliament, senators, senior political staff and civil servants.
Why is it so important for the museum and heritage sector to be seen and heard on Parliament Hill in Ottawa? Because this is where substantive decisions about federal policy, programs and funding affecting museums are made. The better elected officials understand the value of our museums, the more likely they will be to support them. It is therefore incumbent on the CMA and the museum sector to build and maintain positive relationships with federal politicians from all political parties.
Canadian Museums Day provides us with just such an opportunity. Spend the day on Parliament Hill with colleagues from the field meeting with members of parliament and other federal influencers to make the case for Canada's museums. This is a chance to meet with your local member of parliament, among others and let them know how much museums matter to you, and how much they ought to matter to them!
For more information about Canadian Museums Day, please contact Audrey Vermette, Director of Programs and Public Affairs, at email@example.com
The CMA would like to acknowledge support from the
Canadian Art Museums Directors' Organization (CAMDO).