- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
Bursary program guidelines and regulations
The CMA bursary program is for individual professional development only. Applications for all types of bursaries will be judged on the following criteria:
- The applicant's past achievements and demonstrated competence.
- The eligibility or relevance of the proposed event to museum studies.
- The relevancy of the proposal to the applicant's professional development.
- The applicant's ability to carry out the professional development activity.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens, or have held landed immigrant status for 12 months prior to the application deadline.
Application note: You must apply for a bursary BEFORE the event you are planning to attend.
The following are NOT eligible for CMA bursary funding.
- Institutional programs, including exhibition development or related research for such programs.
- Support for speakers or presenters at workshops, seminars, conferences or symposia.
- Learning activities that are part of an academic program leading to a university undergraduate or graduate degree, or a community college diploma.
- Learning activities that have already been completed.
- Support for employees of the Government of Canada, its agencies, and crown corporations. This includes indeterminate, determinate, and contract staff.
- Individuals who have been refused a bursary may apply again at any time providing eligibility requirements are met.
- Applicants cannot apply for the same event two years in a row.
- Only one person per institution will be supported per event.
- A maximum of five bursaries or $5,000 will be awarded for any single professional development event.
- A maximum of five individuals from any one institution will be supported in a year.
- Individuals may receive only one type of bursary from the CMA in any 12-month period, except in the case of Conference bursaries, where only one bursary will be awarded in a 24-month period.
- Funding from all other sources must be declared on the application.
- Exact mileage figures must be given when claiming for the use of an automobile. The mileage rate is determined by the current Treasury Board Secretariat policies.
- All written reports become the property of the CMA and may be reproduced or published with credit given to the author.